Your choice, your way
The Dental Expense Plan is exclusively offered to active SHBP & SEHBP members. This nationwide plan is great for members who like the freedom to go in and out of network.Choose from Aetna nationwide network of participating dentists. Visit our custom Provider Search to find a dentist by name or by ZIP code.
- Visit any dentist in or out of network
- No referrals
Table of plan details. Benefit In Network Out of Network Deductible $50 Single/$100 Family $75 Single/$150 Family Preventive & Diagnostic 100% 90% Basic Services 80% 70% Major Services 65% 55% Periodontics 50% 40% Annual Maximum – combined total $3,000 in & out of network $3,000 $2,000
- Are covered only for those who start treatment before age 19
- Eligible orthodontic services have a lifetime maximum of $1,000 per child
If you go out of network, you are responsible for the amount the dentist charges above the reasonable and customary allowance.
Plan documentsEmployee DEP Plan at a Glance (PDF)
Easy-to-use coverage that fits your budget
Dental Plan Organization (DPO) is a in-network dental plan only. It is available to SHBP and SEHBP active members.
- In-network dental plan only
- Choose a primary care dentist from our directory
- Each family member can pick a different dentist
- You need referrals to see specialty dentists
Table of plan details. Benefit In Network Deductible $0 Preventive & Diagnostic 100% Basic Services copay depending on service Major Services copay depending on service Periodontics copay depending on service Annual Maximum $0
- If patient is under 18, then it is a $1,000 copay or 50% of the bill, whichever is less
- If patient is over 18, then it is a $1,750 copay or 50% of the bill, whichever is less
A full list of copayments is located on the NJ Division of Pensions & Benefits site - Employee Dental Plans Member Guidebook
Plan documentsEmployee DPO Plan at a Glance (PDF)