NJ Well is available to both active employees and a covered spouse or partner.
The NJWELL program for Garden State Health Plan members will run from November 1, 2022 through October 31, 2023. You must earn 800 points to earn a $250 reward.
How the program worksYou're required to complete the health assessment and biometric screening.
- Complete the online health assessment (100 points)
- Complete a biometric screening (100 points)
- Then you’ll need to earn 600 more points by completing other health and wellness activities.
- You must complete all the activities and redeem your reward by October 31.
Get started today
To complete your online assessment, log in to your member website at Aetna.com You'll need to set up a username and password first if you haven't yet. Then select Health & Wellness > Discover a Healthier You.
For your biometric screening, make an appointment at a Quest Diagnostics Patient Service Center. You can do this at My.QuestForHealth.com. When you register on the site, use registration key GSHPNJWELL2022. Another option is to have your doctor complete a physical request form during a wellness visit. You can find the form on the Quest website. If you have questions about the biometric screening, just call Quest at 1-855-623-9355.Log in to Aetna.com to complete wellness activities and get a reward.
- On your home page select Health & Wellness then Discover a Healthier You or under Member Resources select Wellbeing Resources.
If you have questions about the NJWell program, call our Aetna Concierge team. You can reach them at 1-877-782-8365 (TTY:711), Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 6 PM ET.
Pay no monthly premium when you enroll in the retiree wellness program.
There are agreements between the state of New Jersey and bargaining organizations representing state employees. They require certain state Medicare retirees who attained 25 years of service after June 30, 2007, and before June 28, 2011, or who retired on a disability retirement on or after August 1, 2007, and before June 28, 2011, to pay a health contribution of 1.5% of the retirement benefit unless the retired member is enrolled in the retiree wellness program.. Participation in the retiree wellness program. results in the waiver of the required health contribution.
You need to complete the following:
Step 1. Complete the health assessment
Log in to your Aetna member website. Then scroll down to Live Well Resources, select the SHBP health assessment and hit Continue. Then you can start the health assessment. Remember, the information you provide on the health assessment is kept private and is not shared with the SHBP.
Step 2: Complete and submit the physician certification form
Access the physician certification form.
You can email the form to StateNJ@Aetna.com or fax to 1-860-754-2518.
If you're eligible to participate in the SHBP Retiree Wellness Program, you must meet certain program requirements.
- New eligible State retirees – Once enrolled in the Aetna Medicare Advantage plan, you'll get a Welcome Kit. Complete the Heath Assessment within 60 days of retirement and submit a completed physician certification by December 31.
- Retirees already enrolled in the program – To continue in the program, complete or update the health assessment by December 31 of each year. You must also submit your physician certification form by December 31 of each year.
- Eligible retirees NOT currently enrolled in the program – Complete the health assessment by the October 31. Once enrolled in the SHBP Retiree Wellness Program, to remain eligible, you must update your health assessment and your physician certification each year, any time from January 1 through December 31.
Find out more information on the healthy rewards program.Visit AetnaMedicare.com