NJ Well is available to both active employees and a covered spouse or partner.
Each can earn a $250 reward for completing a biometric screening, health assessment and other wellness activities.
The initial program for Garden State Health Plan members will run from 7/1/22 to 10/31/22. You must earn 800 points to receive a reward. You are required to complete a biometric screening (100 points) and health assessment (100 points) then other health and wellness activities.
The NJ Well program will then restart 11/1/22 to align with the broader SEHBP NJ Well Program. Check back for updates.Log on to the Aetna Member website to complete wellness activities and get a reward.
- On you home page select Health & Wellness then Discover a Healthier You or under Member Resources select Wellbeing Resources.
Pay no monthly premium when you enroll in the Retiree Wellness Program.
Agreements between the State of New Jersey and bargaining organizations representing State employees require certain State Medicare retirees who attained 25 years of service after June 30, 2007, and before June 28, 2011, or who retired on a disability retirement on or after August 1, 2007, and before June 28, 2011, to pay a health contribution of 1.5% of the retirement benefit unless the retired member is enrolled in the Retiree Wellness Program. Participation in the Retiree Wellness Program results in the waiver of the required health contribution.
You need to complete the following:
- Complete the Health Assessment
- Complete and submit the Physician Certification form
Step 1. Health Assessment
Log in to your secure Aetna member website. Then scroll down to Live Well Resources, select the SHBP Health Assessment and hit Continue. Then you can start the Health Assessment. Remember, the information you provide on the Health Assessment is kept private and is not shared with the SHBP.
Step 2: Physician Certification Form
Access the Physician Certification form.
You can email the form to StateNJ@aetna.com or fax to 860-754-2518.
If you are eligible to participate in the SHBP Retiree Wellness Program, you must meet certain program requirements.
- New eligible State retirees – Once enrolled in the Aetna Medicare Advantage Plan, you will receive a Welcome Kit. Complete the Heath Assessment within 60 days of retirement and submit a completed Physician Certification by December 31.
- Retirees already enrolled in the program – To continue in the program, complete or update the Health Assessment by December 31 of each year. You must also submit your physician certification form by December 31 of each year.
- Eligible retirees NOT currently enrolled in the program – Complete the Health Assessment by the October 31st deadline. Once enrolled in the SHBP Retiree Wellness Program, to remain eligible, you must update your Health Assessment and your physician certification each year, any time from January 1 through December 31.
Find out more information on the Healthy Rewards Program.Visit AetnaMedicare.com