We want you to be your healthiestAnd we’ll give you the tools you need to get there. Click the panels below for more information about the wellness programs that are available to Aetna members.
Pay no monthly premium when you enroll in the Wellness Program
Agreements between the State of New Jersey and bargaining organizations representing State employees require certain State retirees who attained 25 years of service after June 30, 2007 and before June 28, 2011, or who retired on a disability retirement on or after August 1, 2007 and before June 28, 2011, to pay a health contribution of 1.5% of the retirement benefit unless the retired member is enrolled in the Retiree Wellness Program. Participation in the Retiree Wellness Program results in the waiver of the required health contribution.
If you are eligible to participate in the SHBP Retiree Wellness Program, you must meet certain program requirements by December 31 each year. Doing so will ensure you’re exempt from paying the health contribution of 1.5 percent of your retirement allowance for the given calendar year.
You must complete the following steps to stay in the program. If you don’t complete these steps, you’ll have to pay extra every month for health insurance.
Click the box below for information on the Retiree Wellness Program and how to complete the necessary requirements.
Beginning January 1, 2020, get rewarded for completing healthy activities.
NJ Well is partnering with Aetna to offer a new, voluntary wellness program designed just for SEHBP Medicare Advantage plan members. Starting January 1, 2020, you can earn up to $250 in gift cards, just for completing healthy activities!
Here’s an overview:
- Complete your healthy activities between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020.
- Let us know when you complete them either online or by phone. We’ll need just a few details, such as the date of the visit and the provider or facility name.
- Choose a gift card from select merchants by December 31, 2020.
There are two ways to report your activities and choose a gift card. On or after January 1, 2020:
- Log in at AetnaMedicareRewards.com/NJWell
- Call us at 1-866-816-3662 (TTY: 711), Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 6 PM ET
Eligible activities and reward amounts
- Annual wellness exam: $25 reward
- Vision exam: $25 reward
- Hearing exam: $25 reward
- Healthy Home Visit: $75 reward
- Health Risk Assessment: $25 reward
- Biometric screening: $50 reward
- Fall 2020 flu shot: $25 reward
Remember, to earn rewards you must complete and report eligible health care activities between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020.