We want you to be your healthiestAnd we’ll give you the tools you need to get there. Click the panels below for more information about the wellness programs that are available to Aetna members.
The State Health Benefits Program (SHBP) welcomes you to join NJWELL - a program designed to help actively employed members of the SHBP live a healthy lifestyle. When you are healthier, everyone wins. You’ll feel better, you’ll have more energy for your family and your job, and you’ll typically require less costly health care. Here’s what you need to know about NJWELL:
- Program timeframe – November 1 – October 31 annually
- Active employees and their covered spouse/partner can participate:
- NJWELL is available to active employees in the SHBP/SEHBP who are enrolled in an Aetna plan. Eligible spouses/partners can also participate as long as he/she is covered by the plan. Dependent children are not eligible for points and incentives.
- Eligible participants earn points:
- When you participate in a NJWELL activity.
- Points translate to rewards:
- Eligible participants can earn up to a $250 in VISA pre-pay card rewards. The eligible covered spouse/partner can earn his or her own pre-paid card too
- Eligible participants who reach 800 point as well as completing their health assessment and biometric screening will be able to redeem their $250 incentive via the ActiveHeath Management NJWELL Portal
- Eligible participants enrolled in the CWA Unity Freedom, CWA Unity Freedom 2019, Aetna Freedom and Aetna Freedom 2019 plan can earn up to a $350 in VISA pre-pay card rewards. The eligible covered spouse/partner can earn his or her own pre-paid card too.
How to begin the NJWELL Program.
To get started, you must complete the following first two steps. These will help you learn more about your general health. Once you’ve completed these two steps, you’ll become eligible to earn more incentive points.
- Complete a Biometric Screening – Health screenings help you to learn your biometric numbers. You and your covered spouse/partner can each earn points by participating in a biometric screening, which identifies health risks. You can get a screening from your doctor at an annual physical.* You can also sign-up for your Biometric Screenings through Quest Diagnostics! To register online and schedule an appointment you can visit My.QuestForHealth.com and use NJWELL as your registration key.** There is no fasting required and take any regularly scheduled medications as usual. It is that simple — you then will see your 100 points arrive in the MyActiveHealth Portal within 7 days of successfully completing your screening.
- Complete a health assessment (via the ActiveHealth portal) – It will only take about 15 minutes to enter your information and answer questions about your health. When you’re done, you’ll get back a health report that shows a snapshot of your risks. Your health summary will list your current numbers alongside of what they should be. Over time, it will also show your progress. You’ll also see a list of risk factors— and action plans to address them, as needed.
Below are some ways to obtain points.
- Biometric Screening 100 points
- Health Assessment 100 points
- Physical exam 100 points
- Skin cancer screening 50 points
- Routine gyn exam 25 points
- Prostate exam 25 points
- Pap test 25 points
- Colonoscopy 25 points
- Mammogram 25 points
- Routine eye exam 50 points
- Online activities 50 points
- Dental exam 50 points
- Flu Shot 100 points
- Telephonic Wellness/Disease Management Coaching 150 points
- Participate in online coaching and track your physical activity through the Active Health portal
- Call ActiveHealth Management at 1-855-231-1219
To get more details on the specific ways you can earn more points to get your incentive, log into your ActiveHealth portal at www.MyActiveHealth.com/NJWELL.
*By visiting a physician to have your screening completed, you may be responsible for your member cost share for a physician office visit.
**When registering a biometric screening through Quest Patient Service Centers or through a physician form, you are will only be permitted to complete one option during a program year. Should you want to choose another option, please visit the My.QuestForHealth.com Portal to decline your original option and choose your new method to obtain your biometric screening.
Pay no monthly premium when you enroll in the Wellness Program
Agreements between the State of New Jersey and bargaining organizations representing State employees require certain State retirees who attained 25 years of service after June 30, 2007 and before June 28, 2011, or who retired on a disability retirement on or after August 1, 2007 and before June 28, 2011, to pay a health contribution of 1.5% of the retirement benefit unless the retired member is enrolled in the Retiree Wellness Program. Participation in the Retiree Wellness Program results in the waiver of the required health contribution.
If you are eligible to participate in the SHBP Retiree Wellness Program, you must meet certain program requirements by December 31 each year. Doing so will ensure you’re exempt from paying the health contribution of 1.5 percent of your retirement allowance for the given calendar year.
You must complete the following steps to stay in the program. If you don’t complete these steps, you’ll have to pay extra every month for health insurance.
Click the box below for information on the Retiree Wellness Program and how to complete the necessary requirements.
We are here to help!!
Anyone — any age, gender, income, race or religion — can develop a behavioral health condition, like depression. These conditions are linked to brain functioning. And they can affect how someone thinks, feels and acts.
Sometimes, a condition is mild. Other times, it is more serious and long lasting. Either way, recovery is always possible. But first, a condition must be diagnosed and treated.
If you are coping with a behavioral health condition, there is good news. Your medical plan includes behavioral health benefits. That means we’re here with the help you need to work toward recovery. So that you can get back to being your best.
People count on you. You could be a parent, a caregiver, a sibling, a friend or an employee, or all of the above. You can count on us.
You get a team of people involved in your progress — doctors, nurses, psychologists and social workers. They’ll work with your care team to set up the best treatment for you.
Your troubles could never fit into a neat little box, with a neat little solution. Feeling better takes hard work, some trial and error. And above all — personalized support. For instance, our caring case managers can connect you with the right support — be it a psychiatrist, counselor or psychotherapist. And help you set realistic goals.
How to get help
Reach out to us. We’re here to listen. So if you need help, just call us at 1-800-424-5679.
Some life events can be overwhelming. Like having a baby. Or finding out you have diabetes or heart disease. They signal that you may need to make some changes.
You can also feel emotions like worry, depression, confusion or anger. All of these feelings are normal. But they can hinder your ability to take control and make healthy lifestyle changes.
It’s all a matter of control. And it’s important to know and feel that you can control the condition, instead of the condition controlling you.
Life events like these can be overwhelming, so that is why Aetna created the Behavioral Health AbleTo support program which is a confidential and convenient eight-week program built to help you.
Aetna's AbleTo program can help you:
- Work through normal emotions
- Understand and stick with your treatment plan
- Know the types of changes you need to make
- Feel like you are in control of your health and your life
Consider AbleTo support if you have experienced one of the health conditions or life changes listed below.
- Breast and prostate cancer recovery
- Heart problems
- Digestive heath
- Pain management
- Respiratory problems
- Substance abuse
- Postpartum depression
- Caregiver status (child, elder, autism)
- Grief and loss
- Military transition
It's part of your behavioral health plan. But it works differently from traditional programs. It makes it easy to get the help you need. If you are interested in participating, let us know. It's as easy as calling AbleTo at 1-855-773-2354, Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET. You can ask questions and be screened by an AbleTo staff member.